Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life.

Life in the Village and beyond, based around the interests of my life. Sunset at Telegraph Point.

Friday, November 7, 2014

130,000 Visitors - How did this happen?

Time and Tides

Time has passed - three years now - as my woodworking has developed alongside music (ukulele) and a renewed interest in photography.
Serendipitously, it was the photography of the items and processes that I have written about, that re-awakened the photography genie.
It has long been an interest and at times a passion - from my first serious camera - Canon FTb - to the present.

I have tried to share aspects of my own life journey that I thought interesting enough to post.
Of course so much has been omitted.


An accidental introduction to ukulele three years ago has blossomed into a weekly jam, uke-making and several concerts - the next on November 30.


Photography has taken me back into the companionship of fellow shutter-bugs, competition and judging.


And my woodwork morphs around these interests, my family, grandkids and life in general.
Last weekend my youngest son married the love of his life and it was a celebration of family, friendship and hope for the future.


Life always has its ups and downs, but the secret to happiness is - in my view anyway - quite simple:

Have someone to love,
Have something meaningful to do,
and ...........
Have something to look forward to

May your journey be as rewarding as mine, your joys memorable and your problems small.
Happy trails
Tom

4 comments:

  1. You have a good blog, that's why I come back and look at what you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ralph for the kind words.
      We all experience life's journey slightly differently, but occasionally we are looking at the same view.
      Sometimes it's good to see it through someone else's eyes.
      Cheers amigo........

      Delete
  2. I don't always leave a comment, but I am a faithful follower. Great blog, always something interesting to see, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Toby.
    It's fun writing the entries.
    Happy shavings
    Tom

    ReplyDelete